Historical past: Starting with the 2019-20 season, U.S. Determine Skating debuted a national qualifying competitive pipeline for ice dance (in addition to singles and pairs). Whereas junior and senior groups qualify and compete on the annual U.S. Nationwide Championships, athletes on the juvenile, intermediate and novice stage will comply with a a lot completely different path that culminates in a U.S. Ice Dance Last (November) and for high finishers, a Nationwide HIgh-Efficiency Improvement Staff Camp (January). The pipeline focuses on their imaginative and prescient: Determine. Develop. Promote.
The Nationwide Qualifying Sequence (NQS) is a collection of official U.S. Determine Skating authorised competitions hosted individually by member golf equipment nationwide which might be held in a typical format and wherein athletes earn a rating. They may earn a placement within the particular person competitors they enter, an total nationwide rating of their stage and a regional and sectional rating. The competitions are held between June 1 – September 24 and serve juvenile – senior rivals in singles, dance and pairs.
- Athletes should enter the NQS immediately with U.S. Determine Skating.
- As a result of restricted aggressive alternatives, ice dance athletes aren’t restricted and may register for as many official competitions as they select.
- Solely the athlete or group’s highest Whole Rating (TS) counts.
- The highest six rating singles athletes in every part earn a bye to the Sectional Singles Last.
- The highest three rating dance or pairs groups nationwide earn a bye the U.S. Pairs or U.S. Dance Last.
- Athletes obtain an official ‘nationwide rating’ and a certificates and pin to acknowledge their achievement.
- To maximise qualifying season readiness, athletes are inspired to make the most of non-NQS competitions to discover new materials, strive new components and acquire precious suggestions.
How Do I Register for the NQS?
Athletes enter the general NQS by logging onto U.S. Figure Skating’s Event Management System. The deadline to register is Might 28, 2019. From there, athletes enter any of the above competitions they select individually, by the entry deadline posted by the competitors host. All NQS occasions are entered by means of EMS, as properly.
A present membership for the 2023-24 season is required to finish the EMS Sequence Software (membership have to be absolutely processed with dwelling membership AND U.S. Determine Skating) and take part in authorised NQS Competitions.
All NQS occasions can be performed in accordance with the foundations and procedures outlined within the NQS Participant Handbook.